Friday, January 22, 2010

In Memory Of

  Today is the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion in our country.  Since that time, nearly 50 million babies have been sent home, prematurely, to meet Jesus and to be cradled in His arms.  I know a few women who have made this difficult decision. Some of them, I know, look back on their decision with regret. Others continue to believe they made the best decision possible, at the time. Either way, I love these women and do not seek to judge them for their decision. I love them.  I just love them.

As a woman, I have never understood this decision.  I have never really been able to grasp a circumstance that would lead me to consider this decision.  I have never even really understood the whole idea of "preserving the mother's health".  But, that's just me. I don't get it. I can't get my mind to wrap itself around the idea of purposely ending a pregnancy, but I've never walked a mile in the shoes of those women who, for whatever reason, exercised their legal right to terminate.  I have no right to judge them for their decision, or to condemn them for the decision they made. It is not my place to pass judgement. Instead, it is my place to pray.

I pray for these women. I pray for their healing - physically, emotionally and spiritually.  I pray for their babies. I pray for the doctors and medical staff who take these women through the process and perform the procedure. I pray for our country and our lawmakers. I pray that someday our country will see that we cannot play God forever.  I pray for the activists who believe they are protecting life by taking life; that they may see 1 life doesn't justify the taking of another. I pray for those who are struggling right now, with a pregnancy they're not sure how to handle.  I pray for the people who work, every day, to show these women the different options that are available to them. I pray that more and more families would make themselves available to adopt the babies of these women or to help these women recognize their potential as mothers, so that their babies may have life.  I pray.

That's all I can do.  This is not in my hands.  It is in God's hands and His hands, alone.  That's all any of us can do. Pray and pray hard.

Take a moment, today, to remember all of those precious babies, today, who are living in Heaven with Jesus and enjoying eternal life and hug a child in your life extra tight while you thank the Lord for their life!

No comments:

Post a Comment