Friday, February 5, 2010

2010 Update - So far

So, it's 36 days into the New Year and my 5 goals.  I was thinking it's about time for an update...

This morning, I'm a little frustrated. I'm back up the 6 lbs I was down a few weeks ago.  It has to be the pop!  I really NEED to give it up, but it has such a hold on me and apparently, the Diet Dr. Pepper is just as bad for me as regular Pepsi. I'm disappointed in that fact, as I have a rather intense love of the soda.  Ugh. I'm not eating as well as I should, however well-intentioned I am, and I've yet to join the local YMCA (again).  However, I read everyday about my friends who are working out and I'm inspired by their enthusiasm for it.  I've failed miserably at the Body for Life thing I signed up for and I'm overwhelmingly frustrated by it all.  I look in the mirror and try to remind myself that my husband loves me any way I look - but I wish I was happier with my physical appearance.

I also haven't been great about spending the 20 designated minutes with God that I told myself I would commit.  Why? I don't know. I have no excuse, really.  I have still allowed myself to waste away countless minutes on facebook but I haven't given God what He deserves from me.  I must do better!  My Savior deserves to have me visit with Him every day.  He has so many great things to say to me.  I will do better!

I AM doing better with the kids. I'm turning facebook and the TV off in the evening, when they're home.  Its seems we spend so much time in the car, for various reasons, that we all get frustrated and tired of being cramped together, but we're trying to make it work. (For those of you who may not know - we were in a car accident on 1-10-10 and our Suburban was "totaled", according to insurance.  For the mean time, we are driving my in-laws 6 passenger car and reminding ourselves to be content and grateful.  We look a little like the clown car at the circus piling in and out of that thing!)  The kids are getting tired of getting up at 5:30 a.m. to take Daddy to work, but overall, they're doing great!  I'm being more intentional about giving them all affection everyday and focusing less and less on the mess.

I am also doing better with my husband. I'm being more intentional about making time for him and trying to show him how much he means to me everyday.  We had so many crazy things happen in January that we didn't really get a date night, but we are going away this weekend for a Valentine's Day celebration.  We're dedicating some time to our marriage and attending the Forever.For Real. Marriage Seminar in Oklahoma City, OK.  We are planning to enjoy a romantic dinner and a cold-weather walk around the river-walk in Bricktown.  It should be a great weekend for us to just be, us!

I've also been more intentional about our budget and have been more watchful of when I NEED to go to the store vs. when I just feel like I have nothing to cook.   I still need to organize the coupons that are piling up on our counter and have made that a goal for next week.

Overall, I feel like I'm doing "better" in 3 out of my 5 goals for the year.  Progress is still a focus and I'm not allowing myself to feel guilty over the stumbling blocks. Instead, I just need to re-focus and renew my will to succeed at all of my goals.  That's all I can do.

Hebrews 12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

1 comment:

  1. do you have a coupon system yet? i use the little cheap plastic photo albums. slip each coupon (along with any duplicates) into one sleeve. then its very easy to flip through to see what you have without dropping a handful of coupons. i actually have five books (different categories) and carry them all into the store together in a little tote bag that lydia decorated with fabric markers.

    ReplyDelete