Friday, July 1, 2011

Rested

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Oh, how I love my God.  He is so faithful and good to hear and answer our prayers.  Yesterday was just "one of those days", as a mom and a woman...I was weary and felt like the world was on my shoulders.  I was frustrated with the kids and as the night wore on, my feelings only got worse.  It's pretty safe to say I was miserable, but I was determined to end the night by leaving everything at the cross and trusting God to make today a better day. 

He has done just that, for me, and I am so grateful.  I hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this now, 15-30 minutes before bedtime, but the day has been without incident.  We did a relaxing and fairly quiet movie day.  The kids have spent the day in peace and that has been sweet music to my ears.  As this day winds down, I have to give God the praise for lifting my spirits and showing me that He is there to help carry my load when I need Him the most...even when I'm feeling the most lonely, He is always there!  I am never really alone.  When I am feeling tired and weak, feeling like I cannot handle one more thing, He always lifts me up and shows me how strong He is and fills my body with renewed energy and strength. 

I'm ready for the upcoming holiday weekend and am so looking forward to spending some great quality time with my sweet husband and my wonderful kids, in our new community, celebrating the freedom we have, as Americans!!! Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment