Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's the Start of Something BIG

On July 26, I decided to begin walking and to cut out pop out of my diet.  I typically drink pop from the moment I wake until the time I go to bed. I have a strong distaste for water.  I don't typically like to exercise.  I've never been athletic and have NEVER done much physical activity. 

On that day, it hit me...I don't know if it was the result of reading all the facebook posts about working out, preparing for the upcoming marathons or several of my friends losing weight that did it but it hit me hard. I've been complaining for years about my appearance and I'm ashamed of what I've let myself become, physically.

So, this is it.  I dedicated to walking 5 days a week and walking no less than 3 miles each time.  In the first week, I walked 17 miles with the support and encouragment of some great friends.  I've also only had 2 pops since that day.  Granted, its only been 7 days but I've decided to fulfill one of my New Year's Resolutions this year and really work at this.  I'm doing it. No more excuses.  No more whining or complaining. I need to get healthier so that I can be around for my kids for a VERY long time!  This is it.

I've started and I'm not stopping! I'm even considering committing to walking a 1/2 marathon (yeah - that's 13 point something miles!!) in 75 days!  Can I do it? I don't know but I'm sure gonna try!  A friend of mine posted my favorite Bible verse a few days ago...Philipians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me STRENGTH" and I believe that God is BIG ENOUGH to take away these pounds and inches (if I meet Him halfway) and that He can help me walk that 13.? miles on October 10, 2010.  I KNOW that Christ can do that.  I also KNOW that I can do it, if I put my heart into it and really make it a priority.

So, here it is...the first of many blogs to come...53 days of walking * 3 miles/day = 159 miles before the half marathon...Here Goes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment